Saturday, January 1, 2011

Refresh and Restart

 
noellies sweets n treats
The first cupcakes I baked using turbo.

 Still in 2008.  Several months after my humble beginning came to an end, I composed myself.  I gathered my recipes and finalized which products need improvement before launching to the "big market".  I need to REFRESH my memory what motivated me to take the leap--from a full time employee to a budding entrepreneur.
    
Hmmm...smells yummy.  Of course, the cake of my dreams! The sweet aroma of vanilla bouncing  on your kitchen walls before finding its way out in the atmosphere? The compliments you hear from the neighbors once they smell the scent of the  goodies as it becomes half done in the oven?  Yes, it's about time I try whipping up something new instead of kneading dough until my muscles ache.  It's true. Just by using hands in kneading builds up your arm muscles. Doing this everyday is similar to going to the gym for toning...

So to RESTART,  I tried baking cupcakes.  (Am still worried in trying layered cakes). The first recipe I used was gathered from the internet.  Still, I have no electric mixer. I just used a manual beater, counting the strokes for better results. I still have to bake the cupcakes in the turbo which produces air so the top formed peaks making it look like muffins instead. But the taste is so good; my kids loved it

I presented the cupcakes to the marketing manager of a supermarket nearby and he was delighted to see such "simple yet awesome products" as he described.  He told me their requirements including the terms of payment which made me reluctant to go on with the deal.  After 30 days of inventory, a post-dated-check for 30 days will be issued. A total of 60 days. Too long  a period. For a starter like me, no deal at all.

noellies sweetsn treats
Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes

But I have to sell my products.  I looked for another outlet and I found one, on a consignment basis which lasted only for two months.

And the best part is yet to come.
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment